Our staff will respond to your query promptly and provide detailed information to your questions.
- New Ship
15 days - Hurtigruten's newest ship, MS Fridtjof Nansen offers premium comfort along the Norwegian Coast
Join Hurtigruten on a beautiful coastal voyage aboard their new hybrid powered expedition ship. See the best of the magnificent fjords as you cruise remote beauty and stop in charming towns along the way. On board, MS Fridtjof Nansen offers premium comfort and the expert guidance of our Expedition Team to ensure an unforgettable holiday.
- Discover the less-visited gems of the magnificent fjords with the experts
- Sail on the cutting edge – hybrid powered expedition ship
- See the highlights of our traditional Coastal voyage
- Chance to visit the North Cape
- Day 1
- Depart Hamburg
- Day 2
- At sea, towards the Norwegian Coast
- Day 3
- BERGEN: Explore the historic Bergen harbour area
- Day 4
- GEIRANGER & ÅLESUND: Fjords and Art Nouveau Highlights
- Day 5
- TRONDHEIM: The Viking City
- Day 6
- BODØ & SVOLVÆR: North of the Arctic Circle
- Day 7
- TROMSØ: Gateway to the Arctic
- Day 8
- HONNINGSVÅG: Top of the World
- Day 9
- HAMMERFEST: The Northernmost Town in the World
- Day 10
- REINE: A true gem of Lofoten
- Day 11
- BRØNNØYSUND: Closer to Torghatten
- Day 12
- KRISTIANSUND & MOLDE: From Bacalao to Roses
- Day 13
- VÆRLANDET: To the West
- Day 14
- At Sea
- Day 15
- Return to Hamburg
- Start Place
- Bergen, Norway
- End Place
- Reine, Norway
- Country Visited
- 15 Days
- Group Size
MS Fridtjof Nansen is the latest addition to Hurtigruten’s fleet of custom built ships – and the next generation expedition ship. She will explore some of the most spectacular corners of the globe.
Featuring Hurtigruten's revolutionary battery hybrid powered propulsion system, MS Fridtjof Nansen will be a near identical twin to her sister ship MS Roald Amundsen.
Combining state of the art technology and premium on board experience with Hurtigruten’s 125 years of experience and unparalleled destinations, the two Norwegian built ships introduces the next generation of adventure travel.
The stunning scenery will be reflected in a rich and comfortable interior design. Scandinavian materials from nature, such as granite, oak, birch and wool will be used to create relaxed and stylish cabins and public areas. All cabins are outside, 50% will have private balconies, aft suites will feature private outdoor hot tubs with spectacular views.
The core of the onboard experience is the Nansen Science Center, an edutainment venue to guests and crew meet to create a deeper understanding of the areas we explore. Nansen Science Center will also be the on board HQ for the Expedition Team.
MS Fridtjof Nansen's three restaurants will host a variety of dining options, with menus drawn from our rich Norwegian and Nordic tradition, as well as international cuisine and local inspiration.
Whether enjoying your meal at Aune Main Dining, Fredheim – the informal international meeting place, or the specialty restaurant Lindstrøm, you will indulge in low key yet refined, modern Norwegian Nordic cooking – where our honest and delicious cuisine reflects our destinations.
After a day of exploring new destinations, guests can relax and rejuvenate in the elegant Explorer Lounge, a large gym and Wellness center, or enjoy the scenery and sunsets on the massive in- and outdoor Observation Decks with the aft infinity pool and hot tubs as one of the highlights.
Each expedition voyage is accompanied by a hand-picked team of specialists and modern-day explorers. Highly experienced, passionate and knowledgeable, the Expedition Team will be your guides and guardians on your voyage of exploration, instructing you on safety, sustainability and science.
MS Fridtjof Nansen will feature a variety of custom built expedition equipment, including kayaks, a fleet of Blueye underwater drones and Expedition Boats for safe landings in remote areas.
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including onshore exploration with the Expedition Team
- Professional English-speaking Expedition Team - an international handpicked team of highly educated experts of various academic fields with profound knowledge of the region we sail in
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science programme, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introduction photo lecture, camera adjustment and tips & tricks, photo and film footage from the voyage shared in an Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the Expedition Team and other guests, including awelcome event, daily gatheringsto recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the Expedition Team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- A farewell event
- All meals including beverages (ship beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all restaurants)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Fredheim restaurant meals included
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Gym, hot tubs and panoramic sauna
- Rejuvenating wellness areas with separate treatment rooms, infinity pool, outdoor gym, running track
- Free Wi-fi on board for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group adventures with our Expedition Team such as kayaking, long hikes (availability pending weather conditions and safety)
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
Day 1 - Depart Hamburg
The second-largest city in Germany is one of the greenest urban areas in Europe – boasting large parks, botanical gardens and nature reserves. Before embarking on MS Fridtjof Nansen, spend some time and enjoy a tour on a harbour barge to explore some of the city´s canals.
AccommodationMS Fridtjof Nansen
Day 2 - At sea, towards the Norwegian Coast
Enjoy an idyllic day at sea as we head towards the beautiful Norwegian coast. Take in the panoramic views from viewpoints around the ship, relax with a book or join one of the lectures onboard. There will be a short technical stop in Denmark.
Day 3 - BERGEN: Explore the historic Bergen harbour area
Explore the historic Bergen harbour area, fronted by wooden houses dating back as far as the 1300’s. Stroll through the alleyways or take a trip up to Mount Fløyen. The Fløibanen Funicular takes you to the top in just six minutes to enjoy amazing views over the city.
Docked - Half day
Day 4 - GEIRANGER & ÅLESUND: Fjords and Art Nouveau Highlights
We sail into the UNESCO-listed beauty of Geirangerfjord for an unforgettable morning.
Our afternoon is spent in Ålesund, an Art Nouveau town which seems to have been taken right out of a fairy tale. Visit the Art Nouveau Centre or take a walk up the 418 steps to Aksla Mountain - well worth it for the panoramic views!
Day 5 - TRONDHEIM: The Viking City
Trondheim was founded by the Viking king Olav Tryggvason in 997 and today boasts a rich cultural life. There is plenty to take in as you wander through this historic city, enjoying the architecture and surroundings which create a beautiful, almost mystical atmosphere.
Docked - Half day
Day 6 - BODØ & SVOLVÆR: North of the Arctic Circle
After crossing the Arctic Circle, we arrive in Bodø, a city surrounded by sea and fjord. In the heart of Lofoten, we call on the picturesque town of Svolvær, where age-old seagoing traditions are still being practiced. From here, we sail through the Raftsundet Strait while keeping a sharp eye open for white-tailed sea eagles.
Day 7 - TROMSØ: Gateway to the Arctic
Tromsø is often described as the Paris of the North, and boasts friendly locals, wonderful shopping and great restaurants. The Arctic Cathedral is a highlight, as well as the Arctic Aquarium, the world’s northernmost Botanical Garden and the Fjellheisen Cable Car.
Docked - Full day
Day 8 - HONNINGSVÅG: Top of the World
Honningsvåg is the gateway to the spectacular North Cape. An optional excursion to the North Cape plateau puts you at 71°10’21´N, only 2,000 km away from the Geographic North Pole.
Docked - Full day
Day 9 - HAMMERFEST: The Northernmost Town in the World
Hammerfest has gravesites dating back to the Stone Age and was an important fishing and Arctic hunting settlement long before it was given market town rights in 1789. The town is also home to the UNESCO listed Struve Geodetic Arc – a chain of survey triangulations stretching to the Black Sea.
Docked - Half day
Day 10 - REINE: A true gem of Lofoten
A true gem of Lofoten, Reine´s beauty inspired artists like Gunnar Berg since the 1880´s. Red and white traditional fisherman’s cottages - known as Rorbuer - perch on stilts over the water’s edge with a background of granite spires jutting skywards. Take your time here to truly soak in the deep serenity of this place.
Docked - Half day
Day 11 - BRØNNØYSUND: Closer to Torghatten
This pretty little fishing town is rich in history and maritime atmosphere. Ambling through the marina, take in the fleet of small fishing boats and bustling sailing life. There will be an option to come close to iconic Mount Torghatten, the famous formation with a distinctive hole right through it.
Day 12 - KRISTIANSUND & MOLDE: From Bacalao to Roses
As we sail along the coast, you will see the importance of fish to Norwegian coastal communities. Kristiansund’s location has steadily provided the town with a wealth of opportunities in the fishing, shipbuilding and oil industries. We continue to Molde, known as the “Town of Roses”.
Day 13 - VÆRLANDET: To the West
Værlandet is a small island group situated north of Sognefjorden. This unique place hosts hiking possibilities for all levels of fitness. Maybe jaunt up 481-meter high Mount Alden 481 will tempt you. The view is stunning.
Anchored - Full day
Day 14 - At Sea
On our final day at sea, relax in our comfortable lounges or out on deck and be sure to join the Expedition Team for one of the many lectures during the day.
Day 15 - Return to Hamburg
After breakfast, it’s time to disembark and leave your base for the past 15 days. Head ashore in Hamburg for a final bit of exploration before you make your way home.
Price per person
15 Apr 2020
29 Apr 2020
13 May 2020
27 May 2020