Our staff will respond to your query promptly and provide detailed information to your questions.
- 1 room left
6 days - Stay at the boutique Beana Laponia, a stone's throw away from Rovaniemi
Beana Laponia is a boutique hotel in the heart of Finnish Lapland, designed for adults only. Surrounded by a mesmerising snowy landscape, the Beana Laponia offers a wilderness hideaway with an abundance of winter activities on its doorstep.
With just 11 bedrooms, you can enjoy a relaxing Christmas break, even though you are a short drive away from Santa's hometown, Rovaniemi. Locally sourced produce is served in the hotel's restaurant - enjoy reindeer dishes, freshly caught salmon seasoned with a variety of local berries.
Beana Laponia translates as 'Dog Lapland' and with their own pack of dogs on the land near the hotel, you can get to know the dogs before going on your sledding adventure.
"It was so special when the hosts placed, I would estimate, some 30 or 40 candle pots around the outside of the lodge along the road/path merely as it looks nice from inside." - Guest comments, 2018 Christmas tour
- Dine on world-class cuisine in a remote setting
- Chill out by the fireplace, go for walks in the woods and over frozen rivers
- Enjoy the winter outdoors then head to the jacuzzi and sauna rooms to warm up
- Day 1
- Arrive Rovaniemi and transfer to Beana Laponia
- Day 2
- Christmas Eve - Dogsledding in the Meltaus region & Christmas dinner
- Day 3
- Snowmobiling on Christmas Day
- Day 4
- Day tour to Rovaniemi and reindeer sledding
- Day 5
- Rest and enjoy the free activities on offer, snowshoes, kick sleds, forest skis and toboggans
- Day 6
- Departure Day
- Start/End Place
- Rovaniemi, Scandinavia
- Destinations Visited
- 6 Days
- Easy independent holiday suitable for singles & couples
Airport transfers from Rovaniemi to Beana Laponia (45 mins), transfers can be arranged to visit Rovaniemi.
- Winter clothing during your stay at Beana Laponia
- Free use of toboggans, snowshoes, forest skis & kicksleds
- One private sauna time including sauna, indoor and outdoor jacuzzis, 1 hour per room
- Full board at Beana Laponia from dinner day 1 to breakfast day 6 (drinks and alcohol not included) including Christmas Eve and Christmas Day special dinner buffets (soft drinks and wine included on dinner on 24th and 25th)
- Gingerbread baking while enjoying glögi
- Winter activities - 3 hour Husky Safari, 3 hour snow mobile safari, reindeer farm visit with short sleigh ride
- Snowshoeing and aurora evening (late night program, camp fire, hot drinks & stories of northern lights)
- Return transfer into Santa Claus village, Rovamiemi. Free time to explore the Santa Claus Village.
- Airport transfers
- 24-hour emergency service
- Taxes and service fees
International flight tickets, alcoholic beverages and soft drinks, travel insurance, visas, gratitudes and any items of personal nature.
Day 1 - Arrive Rovaniemi and transfer to Beana Laponia
Beana Laponia is located by the Ounasjoki river in the area of Meltaus in Finnish Lapland. Rovaniemi airport is south, 45 minutes away. Alternatively Kittila is an 1 hour 30 minutes drive to the North.
Check in, relax and get to know your fellow travellers over a cup of tea or a glass of wine. In the evening enjoy a welcome dinner of local produce.
Day 2 - Christmas Eve - Dogsledding in the Meltaus region & Christmas dinner
Today, you will have the opportunity to mush your own team of 5-6 dogs under the full guidance and instruction of our professional sled guides. The sleds hold one musher and one passenger; the dogs are friendly, nimble and extremely strong.
Our dog farm is next door to our hotel so we can leave directly into the beautiful snowy forests, skirt lakes and rivers and climb hills and explore fells. Before the tour begins you'll meet the dogs, help prepare the sleds and be briefed on safety. This 3-hour safari will deliver you back to the hotel for a buffet lunch and time to prepare for the Christmas Eve celebrations.
This evening you will enjoy a Christmas Dinner to celebrate Christmas Eve together with the other guests. There will be ginger bread baking and decorating the Christmas Tree while enjoying glögi!
If nature permits, wander outside to experience the Christmas magic beneath the amazing spectacle of the Northern Lights.
Day 3 - Snowmobiling on Christmas Day
Experience the Arctic beauty by snowmobiling today. This 3-hour snowmobile safari will take you through the wilderness of Northern Finland.
Depending on the program and the weather, head out tonight for a late night program of snowshoeing and Aurora viewing. Rug up for a campfire, hot drinks and story telling about the Northern Lights.
Day 4 - Day tour to Rovaniemi and reindeer sledding
Christmas Day is over so perhaps you are interested in venturing to the city of Rovaniemi. The capital of Lapland is a little less than one hour’s drive away. You have the choice of either free time or to explore Santa Claus village where you can experience the wonders of the Christmas spirit. The highlights of the day are meeting Santa Claus and souvenir shopping from the wide range of local products from Lapland.
Or visit Arktikum, a wonderful modern museum exhibiting the unique flora, fauna, weather and culture of the Arctic in an illustrative way.
After this, you will head to Huskypoint Käpälämäki for lunch and enjoy slow grilled salmon prepared over the open fire while you listen to the story of the husky farm by the owners. Have a guided tour of the kennels and then transfer to the reindeer farm for a visit and short reindeer sleigh ride.
Head back to Beana Laponia and enjoy the peace & quiet of your wilderness hotel.
Day 5 - Rest and enjoy the free activities on offer, snowshoes, kick sleds, forest skis and toboggans
Today, enjoy a more peaceful day at the lodge. The activities are spread throughout the program (maximum 8 persons per day) with one rest day. Enjoy the free activities on offer, snowshoes, kick sleds, forest skis and toboggans. Why not have some mulled wine with a shot of vodka if you wish at break time in the tobogganing.
Remember to book your hour-long private sauna with outdoor and indoor jacuzzi for private use!!
Day 6 - Departure Day
After breakfast, return to the airport. Be sure to talk to us regarding visiting some of the other unique areas of Northern Finland.
Price per person.
28 Dec 2019
28 Dec 2019
Daily program may change closer to the date but all activities outlined will be included. This hotel is not designed for children. The activities will be spread throughout your stay, 24/25/27 December in small groups.
This tour can be easily modified to include a stay at similar lodge or unique accommodation option in the area. Or perhaps consider skiing afterwards at Levi Resort?
Interactive Tour Map
Travel insurance is compulsory for all tours with 50 Degrees North. Please ensure that you have this organised as we will need to see proof of this upon issuing your tour documentation. Please contact us for a quote or visit http://www.suresave.net.au/
Practical Information for travelling and packing for Scandinavian Winter
- Warm wind and water proof jacket and trousers large enough to fit thick woollen jumper/clothing underneath
- Rain trousers – waterproof and breathable material
- Warm windproof cap/hat
- Warm gloves or mittens. Mittens where all fingers except the thumb are together are often warmer than gloves.
- Windproof gloves or mittens, which you can pull over the warm gloves
- Warm scarf
- 2 pairs of long woollen underwear (Merino wool in a few different thicknesses is perfect)
- 1-2 warm woollen jumper(s), or one jumper and a warm fleece
- Woollen or fleece trousers
- 2-3 pairs of warm woollen socks
- Warm & sturdy footwear with good grip
- Clothes for indoors, i.e. a shirt, T-shirts and jeans or cotton trousers
- Back pack for day trips (approx. 30 litre)
- Light footwear/trainers (mainly for indoors)
- Sun screen & Lip salve (the sun reflects off the snow and the air is dry)
- Hand warmers
- Nordic Grip anti-slip soles for walking on ice
- Personal medication
- Water bottle - thermo, or include a cover to keep warm (or you can stick it into a warm sock)
- Travel documents (including insurance)
- Photo ID
- Note book and pencil
- Camera, memory cards and charger
- Chargers for other gadgets
- Extra batteries for your cameras as they are used fast in cold conditions.