Our staff will respond to your query promptly and provide detailed information to your questions.
- New CONE rooms
5 days - Hot air ballooning over Lapland and stay at the Arctic Bath.
Looking for something amazing? Stay at two of Scandinavia’s most innovative and unique places – the Aurora Safari Camp and the Arctic Bath's Water Cabins in Swedish Lapland. Go Hot Air Ballooning over the white landscape and then spend days in an oasis of wellness and design, floating in the heart of Swedish Lapland. Get active with a fabulous choice of winter activities before relaxing with local gourmet meals and a glass of wine around the campfire. This trip has been designed to serve you the highlights of Aurora watching in far northern Sweden, coupled with staying at some of the most unique accommodation you will ever encounter.
- Hot Air Ballooning over Lapland
- Visit the Arctic Bath, Sweden
- Extended adventurous winter activities
- New CONE rooms available
- Day 1
- Scenic forest drive to the Aurora Safari Camp and Hot Air Ballooning
- Day 2
- Enjoy your day in the winter wilderness - sauna, fat-biking, kick-sleds and snowshoes
- Day 3
- Dog sledding through the beautiful snowy forests, and then transfer to the Arctic Bath
- Day 4
- Guided Sámi Experience then time for Wellness treatments
- Day 5
- Departure day - transfer to Luleå Airport
- Start/End Place
- Luleå, Sweden tours
- Country Visited
- Sweden tours
- 5 Days
- Special Interest
- Easy independent holiday suitable for singles, couples & families
Private transfers and local transport.
- Arrival and departure transfer from airport and other transfers between accommodation as described
- Aurora Safari Glamping 2 nights
- Hot Air Ballooning (between 20 Feb and 31 April, weather dependent)
- Full board at the Aurora Safari Camp - upgrade to a CONE room on request
- Winter Gear during your stay at the Aurora Sarari Camp
- Activity Day at Aurora Safari Camp - Sauna, Fatbiking, Kicksledding, Showshoeing and Nordic Skiing
- Dog sledding Excursion
- Arctic Bath 2 nights in a Water cabin
- Arctic Bath Entrance
- Sami Experience with reindeers
- Different saunas, cold bath and spa rituals whilst at the Arctic Bath
- 2 x 5 course dinners at the Arctic Bath
- 2 breakfasts
- 24-hour emergency service
- Taxes and service fees
- Booking with Confidence- we want you to be confident in booking with 50 Degrees North, and we will always have your best interest and safety in mind. In these times of uncertainty during the COVID-19 crisis, we have put in place further measures to make booking with us easier and more flexible.
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks
- Gratuities and items of personal nature
- Travel insurance
- Optional Wellness programs at the Arctic Bath
- Optional Snowmobiling
Day 1 - Scenic forest drive to the Aurora Safari Camp and Hot Air Ballooning
Head into the Swedish wilds, with a stay in the 'once in a lifetime' Aurora Safari Camp. This camp offers a unique opportunity to experience the elusive Aurora and adventure in the wilds of Swedish Lapland and Råne River Valley. Enjoy the campfire while you gaze out over the frozen river where you may spot moose or deer at the forest's edge.
Stay overnight in very comfortable glamping Lavvu tents. The Lavvu tents are plush and warm with a fire place inside. There is a shared ecotoilet & washroom around 20-50 m from the tents.
Fatbikes, snowshoes, toboggans and kicksleighs are all included to use as you wish (after instructions). You can also add optional activities to your stay such as an accompanied snowshoe trekking, wildlife trekking and ice fishing (depending on the time available). In the evening, there is a sauna on a float that freezes into the ice - can be used in pairs.
Don't forget that the camp's location away high above the arctic circle, away from artificial light makes the camp a perfect spot for watching the Aurora Borealis.
This evening, weather depending, you will head out into the late afternoon polar skies for hot air ballooning. Hoovering with the balloon under possible northern lights, tethered around 15-25 min in the air. Enjoy snacks and lecture about the northern lights and ballooning in the north by a fireplace before and/or after the flight. You get involved in launching and packing the balloon.
TransportationTransfers from the airport
AccommodationAurora Safari Camp
Day 2 - Enjoy your day in the winter wilderness - sauna, fat-biking, kick-sleds and snowshoes
After breakfast, enjoy your day in the winter wilderness. Included activities and winter gear to use during your stay are the sauna on the lake, fatbikes, kicksleds, snowshoes and Nordic skis.
If you are looking for a further adventure, this afternoon we can also arrange an optional snowmobile excursion. This tour starts directly from the camp so no car transfers are needed. Approx. 1 hr with warm drinks. Explore the forests and frozen waters of Råne River Valley.
Day 3 - Dog sledding through the beautiful snowy forests, and then transfer to the Arctic Bath
This morning, head out with a dog sledding team. Sledding through the beautiful snowy forests, you will fall in love with the huskies and the incredible stillness and beauty of the forest.
Afterwards, transfer approximately an hour to the Arctic Bath and check into your cabin above the water. The designer cabin is connected to the shore by a floating walkway. There is a wood deck outside the cabin offering a perfect place for meditation, coffee with a cozy seat and blankets or spotting the northern light.
Includes: a double bed (160 cm), a bathroom with shower, air-condition, minibar, spa bar, Wi-Fi, floor heat and pellets stove.
You have spa access included today with different saunas and spa rituals. You also are provided with a spa robe, swimmingwear and slippers.
TransportationTransfer to the Arctic Bath
AccommodationArctic Bath Water Cabin
Day 4 - Guided Sámi Experience then time for Wellness treatments
Today you will meet Anna, a young Sámi woman, who lives there with her family. Brought up with reindeer herding, Anna has a vast amount of local knowledge to share with you.
In the lávvu (tent house) you will sit around the fireplace and listen to stories and joik (traditional Sami singing). You will also be served a three course meal prepared over an open fire, with locally produced ingredients.
The camp is situated just outside of Jokkmokk, close to the Arctic circle. Once you crossed the circle you will have a fabulous, once in a lifetime opportunity, to get close to beautiful reindeer while feeding them.
In the time around this experience, enjoy optional wellness treatments at the Arctic Bath, booked on arrival.
AccommodationArctic Bath Water Cabin
Day 5 - Departure day - transfer to Luleå Airport
After breakfast, transfer to Luleå Airport.
Price per person, twin share.
18 Dec 2021
18 Dec 2021
5 Jan 2022
5 Jan 2022
31 Mar 2022
31 Mar 2022
Please note that the itinerary and price is subject to availability. We do our utmost to create an itinerary as close to this published tour as possible.
Sami Experience at the Arctic Bath is unavailable between 22-28 December.
Aurora Safari Camp
Lavvu tents - single, double and family tents (max 2 adults and 2 children in each tent)
Please note: Hot Air Ballooning is very weather sensitive. We will try to fly your first evening and if not possible, second. If not possible to fly during your stay you will get a full refund of the ballooning activity cost. Hot Air Ballooning is only available between 20 Feb and 31 April, weather dependent.
Just a five minute drive from the Arctic Bath, we can add a night at the TREEHOTEL Sweden - stay in a bird's nest high in the forest or a UFO for the evening.