The historical Fretheim Hotel is Flåm's old lady. Centrally located in the west part of Norway, this historic hotel is situated where the Sognefjord ends and the Flåm Railway starts. The activities are “endless” in our part of Norway. Biking the Navvies road (Rallarvegen), paddle the Sognefjord, walks in the Aurland- and/or Flåm valley or a ride on a RIB boat to see the UNESCO’s world heritage area are only some of the highlights surrounding this hotel.
Fretheim Hotel has a total of 122 rooms of different categories, including: standard room, upgraded room with access to garden or balcony, 6 junior suites, 12 historic rooms with antique furniture and historic atmosphere, one historic tower suite, 12 America room with big beautiful balconies, and 2 excellent new rooms especially designed for disabled persons.
- The Sivle Library – a library that honours the great local author
- Stabbur (storehouse) from 1928, where meals and accommodation may be enjoyed in unique surroundings
- Restaurant with a magnificent view of the fjord and mountains
- Coffee bar in the garden
- Lobby bar
- Bar with panorama windows overlooking the fjord
- Outdoor tables in our beautiful gardens and apple orchard
- Guest pier and our own boat