Fishing in Lofoten
The Lofoten Islands are renowned for having the world’s greatest cod fishery. Cod has always been the basis for human settlement here dating back thousands of years. Every year, cod swim down from the Barents Sea and spawn along the North Norwegian coastline, especially in and around the Lofoten archipelago.
Hop aboard a local fishing boat and head out into the Vestfjord, surrounded by magnificent views of the mountains and sea, to experience the excitement and joy of cod fishing. Our skipper navigates the boat out to the fishing banks where your chances for catching fish are greatest. This is where the adventure really gets underway. Cast your line into the deep and eagerly await a response. Hopefully you will haul in both a fish as well as the thrill of a lifetime.
- Disembarking port: Svolvær
- Embarking port: Svolvær
- Available period: 09 April - 08 June
- Approximate arrival/departure times: 18:45 - 20:15
- Transportation: Fishing boat
- Meals on the trip: A taste of today’s catch if weather and time permits
- Clothes/Footwear: Comfortable shoes, warm and windproof clothing. Special clothing and life vest are provided
- Age limit: 12 years old together with parent