6D Snowmobile Trip in Lapland
- Europe's most extreme and exciting natural areas
- Travel with great instructors showing you the way
- Feel the fresh winter air
- A chance to see the Northern Lights
On this excursion you travel from the old trading post and fishing village of Kjøllefjord over the mountains to Mehamn. Along the way, the guides tell you about the Sámi people, the geography and climatic conditions, what life is like on the Finnmark coast, and how the local population utilises nature both in summer and winter. Some of Norway’s best snowmobile instructors provide training before you hop onto your own vehicle for this once in a lifetime trek through spellbinding snowbound scenery. Experience snowy valleys, invigorating winter air and perhaps the mystical Northern Lights in the starry polar night sky. In spring, the sun returns to produce ubiquitous daylight and milder temperatures. Back in Mehamn, the world’s northernmost mainland town, we rejoin the Hurtigruten ship and continue our voyage to Kirkenes.
- Disembarking port: Kjøllefjord
- Embarking port: Mehamn
- Southbound or Northbound: Northbound
- Approximate arrival/departure times: 17:15 - 19:30
- Available period: 06 December - 15 May
- Transportation: Bus/Snowmobile
- Clothes/Footwear: Comfortable shoes, warm clothing. Special clothing is provided.
- Note: Valid driving licence must be presented. Subject to weather/snow conditions.
- Age limit: 6 years old together with parent
- Not available 24.12