Viking tour of Denmark
Hear Viking stories and legends while driving through charming villages and experiencing Denmark's finest scenery.
The Viking legacy in Scandinavia is widespread and ample, but Denmark is the spiritual and historical home of the Viking. The Viking era was very significant in Denmark's history and the intriguing museums & Viking sites on the island of Zealand are the inspiration for this self-drive tour.
Enjoy learning about the skilled and feared seafarers, the ancient monuments, mystic rune stones and stunning longships on this tour of Denmark.
Our 7-day Denmark's Viking Trail self-drive tour starts in Copenhagen and takes you into the everyday life of the Vikings. Children and young adults will enjoy the Viking markets and interactive museums. There is plenty of time to picnic on beaches, bike ride in the countryside & explore the quaint villages of Denmark. Our Danish self-drive tour stays in boutique hotels such as Kragerup Gods and can be modified for families. It is also possible for us to tailor make this itinerary using public transport.
- Explore Copenhagen's National Museum (Nationalmuseet) & dine like vikings at Tivoli's Viking themed restaurant Valhal .
- Roskilde Cathedral, Lejre Museum & the 'Land of Legends' open air park.
- Trelleborg and Slagelse - impressive fortresses, Viking markets, reconstructed castles & more.
- Visiting Funen, the Danish coast and the Ladby Viking museum.
- Foodies will love the quaint village cafes & local countryside restaurants
Be sure to consider an extended stay in Denmark to visit LEGOLAND Billund