Norway escorted summer tours 2020
50 Degrees North's hugely popular Beautiful Norway & Hurtigruten tour now available as an escorted summer tour for 2020.
The 'Norway & Hurtigruten Escorted Small Group Tour' begins in Oslo in the south and ends in Kirkenes in the far north. In the space of 16 days, a small group of 8-16 travelers gets the chance to experience the entire length of this extraordinary, breathtaking country - in the competent care of a 50DN Scandinavian guide.
"The tour combines elements of the famous Norway in a Nutshell route, but also takes care to guide travelers away from rushed and congested areas to more peaceful and authentic - and equally stunning - parts of the country. Promoting and spreading wealth to less visited destinations is a key part of our philosophy and we are very proud to share some of these places with our clients", says Tietse Stelma, 50 Degrees North's CEO and co-founder.
The tour has the following key features and inclusions:
- 50 Degrees North Scandinavian tour guide
- 9 nights' accommodation in hand-picked, boutique hotels (shared double / twin rooms with private facilities)
- 15 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 8 dinners (incl. full board on board Hurtigruten)
- All transport between destinations by buses, trains and boats
- 50 Degrees North minivan across the mountains and fjords between Lom and Aurland
- Geiranger day tour with a fjord cruise (subject to weather conditions)
- Flåm Railway excursion
- Day tour to Maihaugen and walking forest tour (subject to weather conditions)
- Voyage from Bergen to Kirkenes - 6 nights in an Outside Twin cabin with private facilities
- King Crab Safari in Kirkenes while staying at the Kirkenes Snowhotel
- Transfer to Kirkenes Airport
- 24-hour emergency service
- Taxes and service fees
The trip has departures in June, July, August and September 2020 and prices start from AUD 9672 / USD 7020 / EUR 5989 per person.
We welcome solo travellers - singles will not be forced to pay a single supplement if they are prepared to share with a fellow traveller of the same gender.
Traveling the 2,400 km between Bergen and Kirkenes in sumer is an awesome experience which we hope we can share with you. The contrast between southern and northern Norway is huge. From Bergen to Trondheim you will sail through a lush and green landscape in blossom in close to summer temperatures. Further north in the Arctic region, winter struggles to maintain its grip. As you cross the Arctic Circle sailing towards the North Cape and Finnmark – it is usually full winter, and from mid May the midnight sun offers 24 hours of daylight.
Enjoy this video about travelling on the Hurtigruten.