Explore Helsinki Locally
Summer or Winter, here are our local suggestions for what to do in Helsinki.
- Karl Fazer Cafe - situated in the city centre on Kluuvikatu 3. Fazer is Finlands flagship for chocolate and sweets and their cafeteria is packed with wonderful sweet and savoury treats.
- Fanny: Bar & Kitchen - situated next to the Sinebrycoff park. Has a great breakfast from 8.00-10.00. Bulevardi 40
- Cafe Engel - they have one of the most delicious salmon soups in town for lunch :) Aleksanterinkatu 28
- Akateeminen kirjakauppa - The Akademic book shop, designed by Finland's most famous architect Alvar Aalto in 1969. Situated at Pohjoisesplanaadi 39, just next to Stockmann department store (Finlands version of Harrods).
- Kiasma - Museum of contemporary art - situated close to the main railway station.
- Helsinki Design district - I suggest strolling the streets in the Punavuori/Eira area and dropping in to some of the many small shops there.
- Something for the sweet tooth (we Finns love candy) - Roobertin Herkku at Fredrikinkatu 19
- The Church inside a rock - Temppeliaukion kirkko - Lutherinkatu 3
Eiring Shop and Design Forum, Helsinki. Images credit: Visit Finland